Health Benefits of Spirulina
Spirulina is a simple celled microscopic blue-green algae. It is generally found in many freshwater environments, including ponds, lakes, and rivers.
- Balances Blood Pressure
- Boosts immune system.
- Good for allergic patients.
- Help to Normalize Cholesterol Naturally
- Helps Reduce Cancer Risk
- It has been shown to encourage and support the growth of healthy bacterial flora in your gut, which can help keep candida overgrowth under control.
- Reduces risk of Stroke
- Regulates blood pressure & controls hypertension.
- Spirulina has been shown to help inactivate the human immunodeficiency virus associated with HIV and AIDS.
- Spirulina is an ideal anti-aging food
Excellent source of protein for Vegetarians & Vegans.
The image you may get in your mind after hearing the word protein may be of eggs, beef or protein shakes. And if you are a pure vegetarian than the source of protein may be pulses, lentils, nuts or soy products. The protein content of spirulina is much higher than all of the above mentioned food items.. Apart from protein it is also rich in vital amino acids and minerals.
- Spirulina has 100 times more Vitamin A than carrots!
- It has 6 times more protein than eggs!
- It has 50 times more Iron than Spinach!
- It has 7 times more Calcium than milk!
- It has 10 times more Potassium than most vegetables!
NASA have chosen to use it for astronauts food in space, and they even plan to grow it in space stations in the near future.
How much Spirulina you should consume ?
Spirulina is available in various forms like capsules, tablets, powders and flakes. The recommended daily dose is typically between 3 to 5 grams. It can be consumed twice or thrice a day. It is advised to increase the intake of mineral water for better absorption of spirulina.
It is best to start with a small dose and work your way up. Once you see how your body responds, you can then gradually increase your dose.
Who should not take Spirulina ?
Though Spirulina is 100% Natural & has no side effects, but it should be avoided by people who have a severe seafood or iodine allergy, pregnant or nursing women or if you have hyperthyroidism, you should consult your doctor before consuming Spirulina.
From where can I buy Spirulina in India ?
Spirulina powder or tablets can bought from an Organic or health food store. You can also buy it online.
Buy Online: Organic Spirulina Powder can be bought from Organic Sansar, Indore